POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text : Re: Text Objects- Manipulating in POV- SoftFont and Corel - mea culpa Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text Objects- Manipulating in POV- SoftFont and Corel - mea culpa
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 2 Aug 1999 16:45:25
Message: <37A602E9.1A29D554@xs4all.nl>
Matt Swarm wrote:

> Thanks Cliff:
>
> Second time this weekend I've encountered notion of using Corel to map and
> output text for use in other programs.  Will have to give it a try.
>
> Gave SoftFont a brief whirl a few days ago.  Could not find a way to change
> the font to another TT face-- I may have missed something in my brief
> tryout.  Otherwise, it did indeed map out the glyph data into a textfile
> array for use in an .inc file.  Would be a great starting point if I can
> make it see other fonts.  Otherwise, I may have to write my own code which
> uses font API calls.
>
> I'll reinstall Corel and give that a try, too.
>
> Matt

I'm not sure but if you're referring to SoftText (SoftFont) the problem with the
font is rather silly. In screen-resolutions below 1024x768 not all of the
program window was visible and you couldn't resize it. Someone else brought this
to my attention yesterday. I've changed the program so you'll be able to see the
whole window with other resolution-settings too (and resize it).
I hope this helps.

NB the program is still far from flawless, (useful) comments are welcome.

Regards,

Remco